Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Picnic Up The Canyon


I went on a picnic recently with my sister, her family, and her mother-in-law. My sister lives back east, so it was fun to visit with her. We went to a park up in a canyon close to where I live. The picnic tables were really dirty and we forgot to bring a tablecloth or a sheet to cover the table. My daughter suggested covering it with newspaper since I have a paper route and had some extras in the car. It was a good improvisation. We had to put something on each page to weigh them down. I had my purse sitting on top of a newspaper but somewhere in the clean-up process, it got put directly on the table. After I got home, I took everything out of it and threw it in the washing machine. Fortunately, it is washable.

My two youngest kids had fun playing in the sand, which made me cringe a little to see them getting dirt all over their bodies. I couldn't bring myself to spoil their fun though. They went straight to the bath and shower after we got home and scrubbed from head to toe.
It was a fun visit. I enjoyed seeing my sister, brother-in-law, nephews, my sister's niece, and her mother-in-law. My sister's youngest son is the same age as mine and it was fun to watch them interact together.

No comments:

Post a Comment