Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eggs Recalled Due To Salmonella Outbreak

380 million eggs have been recalled because of a salmonella outbreak in 4 states, California, Colorado, Minnesota, and North Carolina. Suspicious cases have also been reported in Arizona, Illinois, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas and Wisconsin.

"Eggs from Wright County Egg were linked to illnesses in the four states. The eggs were distributed around the country and packaged under the names Lucerne, Albertson, Mountain Dairy, Ralph's, Boomsma's, Sunshine, Hillandale, Trafficanda, Farm Fresh, Shoreland, Lund, Dutch Farms and Kemp. It wasn't immediately clear when the eggs were produced and distributed."

This is why I recommed always fully cooking eggs. I used to love eating raw cookie dough every time I made cookies. I stopped doing that several years ago when salmonella problems started becoming more common. Always wash your hands thoroughly after handling eggs. For more tips about egg safety, go to http://www.eggsafety.org/.

I just got home from a neighborhood dinner. I was assigned to bring a salad but when I discovered that I was out of potatoes, I decided to make devilled eggs instead of potato salad. I always boil eggs for 13 minutes so that they are cooked through. I heard about the recall on the radio this morning but completely forgot about it. Fortunately, the brand of eggs I used are not listed in the recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment