Monday, August 2, 2010

Car Craziness!!

We have had quite the time these last couple of weeks! As I said in my previous post, we had problems with our 2001 Chevy Venture on our trip to Oregon. It's still running hot so it can't be driven very far. My husband recently fixed a 1995 Ford Windstar with a bad transmission.We were trying to sell it but hadn't had any luck so far. I recently started a paper route and needed something to drive, so I drove the Windstar. It ran perfectly fine for me but when I calculated the gas mileage, it was terrible. Half of my earnings from the paper route would go to gas, so we reduced the price and sold this van last Saturday and decided to buy a small, more efficient car. When we were out on a test drive, we just happened to see the Windstar we just sold along the side of the road with the hood up. The odds of us happening by when they were way out on the opposite side of town from where we live have got to be slim! We stopped and my husband asked them what was going on with the van. It had actually developed an engine knock in the short time since these people bought it from us! My husband did the right thing and gave them their money back. He drove it to the junkyard today.

We shopped around for a small, efficient, reasonably priced car. You can't test drive a car and not touch anything. We test drove several different cars over the past several days. Since we don't know who the previous owners were or how clean they are, we were careful about sanitizing our hands after each test drive. We also don't know who else may have driven these cars. The car salesmen always shake your hand too. We settled on this 2009 Toyota Corolla that we purchased from a dealership about 60 miles south of where we live. It has been detailed of course, but I doubt it was sanitized. I will sanitize it tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight. The craziest thing is, when we were driving home on the freeway we saw the Windstar that we just junked being towed in the other direction! It's wierd how we keep seeing that van everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment