Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It Really Bothers Me When People Are Careless About Spreading Germs

Right now, there are three people where my husband works that have MRSA infections. This really bothers me. It started out with one person who has had multiple infections. I sent a copy of my article "Ten Things I Did To Beat MRSA" with my husband to give him in the hopes that he would take it seriously and be cautious. I was wrong. This guy doesn't seem to care who he infects. He has now infected two other people because of his careless attitude. I know my husband is being extra cautious at work, but it still worries me that he is stuck in that environment. I wish he could just quit right now. That entire place needs to be sanitized, but the problem is, this one careless person will just re-contaminate everything.

The purpose of my website, book, and this blog is to help people become more aware about avoiding the spread of germs. I know a lot of this information seems obvious and should be common sense, but from what I see, it's not. When the swine flu was a big problem, there were sick people out there running errands, going to work, or going to school with no thought of others. I know someone who works at a dry cleaning store that asked one of her customers to please go home because she came to pick up her dry cleaning when she was very sick. When we are sick, we need to be cautious about where we go. It's best to stay home until you get better because you are contagious! Everything you came in contact with during your illness should be sanitized. A lot of people died from swine flu. Simple precautions could have prevented it from becoming such a pandemic.

As far as my husband's job goes, it is my opinion that the guy spreading MRSA around should be suspended until he is cleared by a doctor. MRSA is a serious infection that is very hard to get rid of. Anyone who does not take it seriously is someone I prefer not to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment