Monday, August 16, 2010

I Went For A Walk And Found A Quarter

I took my 22-month-old son for a walk yesterday since I finally managed to put on my tennis shoes without causing my broken toe an excessive amount of pain. I haven't been for a walk in about a month and it was nice to get out.









As I was crossing a street on my way home, I noticed a quarter laying in the middle of the road. I usually pass up change that I see on the ground. You don't know where it's been. Technically, you generally don't know where money has been anyway. I decided, what the heck, I'm going to pick it up. Money is tight and every little bit helps. I used my thumb and index finger on my right hand to pick the quarter up. Since I didn't take any hand sanitizer or wipes with me, I just didn't use those fingers until I got home. I pushed the stroller with my left hand and right palm. I drank my water with my left hand only. I even took these pictures with my left hand.

As soon as I got home, I got a sanitizing wipe and wiped my hand, the quarter, and the cup holder where I had put it. Maybe I'm wierd, but at least I have one clean quarter in my purse and I didn't spread any germs to my son, the stroller, my water bottle, or my cell phone which I used as a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment