Friday, August 6, 2010

Farm Bureau Picnic And Pool Party

We recently switched our auto insurance to Farm Bureau. One of the perks of this company is a summer picnic and swim party at the local public pool. It was extremely crowded but fun. The food lines moved pretty fast. They served barbequed hamburgers and hot dogs, baked beans, salad, chips, and cookies. As a germaphobe, I was impressed with the setup. They had Farm Bureau representatives, wearing plastic gloves, serving food at every table. This prevented people from sticking their grubby hands on the buns and utensils. The part I liked the most was the potato chip table. Usually, everyone just sticks their hands in the bags and serves themselves. They actually had someone wearing gloves and serving the potato chips. It was great! No germy chips!
We had a fun time swimming. My husband and I hung out in the shallow kiddie area with our 6-year-old and 21-month-old. I tried not to think about how many of those kids might be peeing in the water. That's what all the chlorine is for anyway, right? I had my son in a swim diaper.
I was the only one wearing water shoes. My husband's were full of sand because our 14-year-old had taken them on his Scout camping trip. The rest of the kids had outgrown theirs. I felt a little guilty being the only one with water shoes but I wore them anyway. They made my broken toe hurt a little but I don't like going barefoot. We all hit the showers when we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment