Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Night Out Against Crime

Tonight we went to our local city park for the "National Night Out Against Crime" picnic and activities. They served hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, cookies and brownies. Everything was self-serve with people putting their hands on everything. I opened up a new bag of buns that hadn't been touched  and passed them out to my kids. The potato chips were the small single-serve bags which was better than everyone sticking their hands into one big bag. My daughter saw someone lick their fingers and then use that hand to pick up a hamburger patty. That's just gross! I had a hot dog. I don't trust them to cook the hamburgers thoroughly. Overall, it was fun. They had a lot of activities for the kids and it was fun for me to visit with my friends in this great little town that I live in. I'm just careful to practice my germophobe ways the best I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment