Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hands Free Soap Dispenser: A Great Idea For The Home!!



Lysol has recently come out with a hands free, motion sensing hand soap dispenser. I think this is great! It is priced reasonably well at about $20. This is something that I plan to put in my kitchen for sure. Often times, when preparing a meal, I end up handling raw meat or raw eggs. I am hesitant to touch the hand soap pump knowing that I am putting germs on it as I touch it but I really have no other choice. I do put the pump in the dishwasher from time to time to be sanitized. ONLY the pump can go in the dishwasher. I put the bottom part that holds the soap in the dishwasher once and it melted. That part has to be washed by hand.


If you are concerned about germs on the faucet handle, it should be sanitized at least weekly if not more often. If you have a handle that can be turned on with your arm when your hands are dirty, then do that. If you don't, then either ask someone to turn the water on for you or get a paper towel or napkin out before you get your hands dirty. Then you can use it to turn the water on and then throw it away.



My bathroom faucets can also be turned on with my wrist or arm. If you have to use your hands, you can always grab a small piece of toilet paper to turn the water on. Again, faucet handles should be sanitized often anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment