Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Gardening Is Hard Work!!



When Adam partook of the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden, God said to him "...cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field..."  --Genesis 3:17-18
Isn't that the truth? My garden is already producing an abundance of weeds, including the nasty, prickly one in the picture. Don't get me wrong. I am thankful for the choice that Adam and Eve made. We wouldn't be here otherwise. While gardening is hard work, I find satisfaction in providing safe food for my family. Not having to worry about food recalls is worth it.


The good news is I do have some little sprouts coming up. The picture to the right is corn, I also have some squash and lettuce sprouts coming up. Last year, I didn't do a very good job of weeding. I think we had more weeds than vegetables. Part of the problem was that I wasn't sure which ones were weeds and which ones were plants. I marked the rows that I planted better this year and now I am more familiar with what the weeds look like. As I've said before, I'm learning as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment