Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Publicly Used Computers


I am taking a website class at a local technical college. The classroom consists of rows of tables with a computer for each student. These computers are used by a lot of different students in a lot of different classes. I don't know who's been sitting there and whether or not they are sick. When I sit down at a computer, before I touch anything, I get out a sanitizing wipe and wipe the keyboard, mouse and desktop area.
This is also a great idea for the workplace. I used to work in customer service. Every time I sat down at a cubicle I would wipe the computer keyboard, mouse, desktop area and the phone headset. I always found it disgusting that the companies I worked for made us share headsets. Its like finding a hat on the ground outside somewhere and putting it on your head. Yuck!! That's a great way not only to spread germs, but also lice! Since I was just a lowly customer service agent, nobody in the company cared about my opinion of everyone getting a headset of their own, so I always took the time to thoroughly clean mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment