Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Caught A Cold And I Hate It!!

I caught a cold and I am miserable. This is the reason that I am a weirdo when I go out in public. I don't like touching door handles, credit card machines or any other commonly used public surfaces. If I have to touch something, I always sanitize my hands. I hate getting sick! Apparently, I haven't been as careful with my 20-month-old son, Riley. Sometimes I forget to wash his hands. He's so cute that I just don't think of him as dirty, yet he often puts his hands in his mouth and sometimes mine. He is at the age where he touches everything and I need to remember that. I'm pretty sure this cold started with him.

Last week, Riley had a fever for two days with no other symptoms. I took him to the doctor but he didn't find anything wrong with him. I thought it might be because of the four teeth he has coming in. After the fever went away, he got a mild cough and runny nose for a couple days; nothing too severe though. Then, my 5-year-old daughter got a fever and cough but her nose was fine. After that, my 14-year-old son started in with sneezing and a really bad runny nose. He gets seasonal allergies so I thought he was having an allergy attack. He didn't get any fever that I'm aware of, but his runny nose has cleared up. Then I started in. I had the same sneezing, runny nose attack as my son that I thought might be allergies as well. But when I was chilled and couldn't get warm a couple nights ago, I realized that I probably had a fever. I had a slight headache as well so I took some ibuprofen. My nose has been running non-stop for almost three days now. It's driving me crazy and making me grumpy! My nose is so sore it hurts to wipe it. I haven't had any more fevers but I have had a slight headache that is annoying me and won't go away. Avoiding all of this annoying sickness crap is what being a germaphobe is all about. I am definitely going to be more careful about sanitizing Riley's hands from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment