Saturday, February 13, 2010

Our Weekend Getaway

My husband and I spent the night at a hotel last night for a little Valentine's Day get away, which we have never done before. We did take our 1-year -old though. He's too young to leave overnight. We used a local get away package that includes dinner at a local restaurant. We decided to upgrade to a jacuzzi suite just for fun. The dinner was great. No worries there.

The hotel room overall seemed pretty clean, however I did notice some areas that needed improvement. I had planned to run bleach through the jetted tub before using it, but it was so small it wasn't worth bothering with. Also, the shower was over the jetted tub, which is gross for a hotel room. My husband filled the tub and ran the jets just out of curiosity and you wouldn't believe the disgusting crap that came out of it. The upgrade wasn't worth it. A public use jetted tub is just too gross.

I also noticed that the faucet handles had a lot of ridges that were filled with soap scum and who knows how many germs. The hotel is older and the faucets have not been changed. I used a towel or tissue to turn the water on and off.

I brought my own hair dryer so I wouldn't have to touch theirs. I never walk on hotel room carpet barefoot. I also always make sure to fold the sheet over the blanket because the blankets don't get washed. The bedspread was put on the floor and not used at all.

The hotel breakfast was decent, but nothing spectacular. They served powdered eggs and the usual continental breakfast items. The milk was sour, which I didn't realize until I took a drink. I noticed they had a big bottle of hand sanitizer next to the food which I was glad to see since I was touching the serving utensils.

Overall, it was a fun weekend. I enjoyed getting away from most of the kids for one night and spending time with my husband.

For more hotel room germophobe tips, order my book from any of the links on my website: http://www.howtobeagermophobe.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment